Re: [NTLK] Newton and BlueTooth--why?

From: David M. Ensteness (denstene_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Jan 21 2004 - 12:48:19 PST

As BT is a fairly new development the question right now is mainly
about being left behind. More and more will go to BT and away from
things like wired serial, now that serial is gone we have adapters,
some day those adapters will be gone, and then we will say we have
ethernet and wireless, those are suited well to some tasks and
environments but less well to others, more options is what will keep a
platform alive longer. Right now one can sync their BT phone with Mac
OS X's iCal and AddressBook, yet I have to go plug my Newton into a
hub. What if I am working in a coffee shop and I don't have wireless
... it is always nice to have as many alternatives as possible. In the
future we could hope for support with some phones, printers, etc ..
over BT but for any of that to occur we first need the hardware
available.

David

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html