Re: [NTLK] Panther Package Installer

From: Bruce E. Durocher II (bedii_at_qwest.net)
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 05:56:50 PST

        I have an in-law that works for Microsoft. We came by work one day to
pick him up, and he logged us in so we didn't have to stand around in
the lobby while he finished a job he was on. You would have been
amazed at the amount of posters up in a style reminiscent of WWII
propaganda posters imploring anyone who had the Blue Screen of Death
not to touch their computer but to pick up a phone and call the number
at the bottom of the poster so that someone from the Windows group
could quiz you, inspect your system, figure out what you had been
running, and what had gone wrong. I'm not going to tell you it's a
bug-free operating system, but I will tell you that the folks that are
supposed to kill bugs there are *serious* about it.

On Wednesday, March 10, 2004, at 03:48 AM, Patrick Jendraszak wrote:

> The blue screen of death is a rather terrifying display image
> containing
> white text on a blue background that is generated by Windows operating
> systems when the system has suddenly terminated with an error. The
> system is
> locked up and must be restarted. The blue screen may include some
> hexadecimal values from a core dump that may help determine what
> caused the
> crash.

<snip>

> Patrick Jendraszak
> Indianapolis, IN
> MP 2000u
>
> On 3/10/04 5:38 AM, "Berthe M. Willumsen" <bmw_at_biobase.dk> vigorously
> typed:
>
>> What is "blue screen of death"??
>> Windoze version of "frozen screen"? - although it sounds worse...

Bruce E. Durocher II
bedii_at_qwest.net