Re: [NTLK] Air2Net BT2000

From: Daniel Padilla (dproldan_at_telefonica.net)
Date: Sat May 01 2004 - 02:19:48 PDT

>black antenna" card, used an Ericsson chipset and the new one, or "purple
LED
>antenna" card, uses the CSR chipset.
>
>If anybody understands what that means please let me know. In the
>meantime my "black antenna" card and I will be just hanging out.

    CSR goes for Cambridge Silicon Radio, they seem to be one of the
biggest BT module makers. They use a protocol that isn't defined in the BT
specification, BCSP, for BlueCore Serial Port. That's one of the things
the newton doesn't understand.

>Anyway, hope that bit of info helps anyone interested in this topic.
>And if someone knows how to get the "black antenna" card to work I
>would be very grateful.

    I'm preparing a manual to make those card work. It involves having
access to a windows laptop and a linux laptop (knoppix will do).
    For changing the BCSP mode, a program called PSKey is used from linux.
Then, depending on the card, a program called Oxprom must be used.

D.