[NTLK] NTK Classic Vs. Windows

From: Richard Chamberlain (newton_at_sunsetandlabrea.com)
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 03:13:29 PDT

Hello,

I'd like to start some Newton Development but I wondered what the best way
of going about it
was.

At the moment I have a 12" PowerBook, with no classic installed.

I also have VirtualPC and have been able to install NTK and using a
KeySpan adapter be able
to connect to my Newton.

Are projects cross-platform? - i.e. is there a way to open a Mac NTK
project on Windows. I
have an example project which is in Mac format but I've not been able to
open it so far.

Also am I better off trying to install classic and running the Mac NTK - I
expect it will be
faster, but does everything work with classic OK? Having said that I'm not
sure whether my powerbook came with classic.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Cheers,

Richard