Re: [NTLK] WWNC & Einstein

From: WL (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Sep 12 2004 - 03:41:11 PDT

Same here, I'm a 'slightly crazy user' too.

First off, I've used Win98 on a 10.4, 12.1, 14.1, 15.1, 17, and 20 in.
screens, some laptops some desktops, and I've had a terrible time trying to
use a PPC. But I tried a few Fujitsu, some Tablet PC's, and the Qbe, the
touch-screen ability is very helpful, so helpful that I even used some
Jupiter-class WinCE's(WinCE on 5-8.4 in. screens), WAY better than a WinCE
Palm-sized form factor.

However, when using the VGA adapter I really enjoy using a bigger screen
even if I have to look down at the main screen. The Newt OS is very
scalable(sp?). I have used ButtonBarPlus to change the soft button bar to
different sizes and screen placement. BBP gives you a choice of 1.
Narrow(half-size), 2. Normal, 3. Thick(Double-size) and 4. Huge(4x). Also
4 edge placement choices too.

I can see a day when an OS can be scalable to fit on a watch, paperback
book, notepad, or anything that can run the OS, maybe even be placed on a
Flash card and transported from one device to another.

That way the Mass does not require the Energy but still works at the speed
of Light. :-P