Re: [NTLK] eMates and Mice?

From: Adam Ladds (aladds_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2005 - 13:05:39 PST

> As for menu navigation without having to reach for the stylus - most
> Apple packages on newton have keyboard shortcuts to access menus - try
> holding down the Cmd (apple key) for a second or two - and a window
> should pop up with keyboard shortcuts. THe appropriate cmd-key sequence
> will pop open a menu-picker, from which the arrow keys, typing letters,
> and hitting the return key let me make a selection. (Cmd- . ) (thats a
> period) is the equivalent of an Escape key to back out of a menu.
>
> Copy and paste are Cmd-C, X or V. Works allows one to select text while
> holding the shift key and pressing left or right arrow key, but not
> many other apps support selecting text from the keyboard like that.

So it seems a mouse would be pointless (and pointerless :-) if used
with an eMate, that's all I wanted to know. If it can do all that would
be needed from the keyboard, it would be all the easier, so a mouse
would be slower. It's just that I don't corrently have a newton with a
keyboard (internal or external) but i will be getting a few eMates
soon, so I wanted to know if it would be a good idea or not, it seems
not, so i'll forget it. Thankyou all for you're time.