Re: [NTLK] Backlight screen, wifi card and Knowledge Navigator

From: Ronnie Simon (ronnie_simon_at_uk.ibm.com)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 01:04:00 PST

Gavin
            The issue I have with this card is related to the phrase
"works with Apple Airport and many other wireless base stations that
conform to 802.11b standards"

In practice this card is very/ too sensitive and very/too restrictve
within a 802.11b setup. Getting it to work is a hit and miss affair. It
is my understanding that it does not work for example in an Apple Airport
(extreme) 802.11b environment. It cannot support WEP (64bit nor 128bit),
this may or may not be important for your setup.

Caveat emptor.

IMHO.

Regards
                    Ronnie Simon