Re: [NTLK] Backlight screen, wifi card and Knowledge Navigator

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 10:31:33 PST

On Feb 18, 2005, at 1:04 AM, Ronnie Simon wrote:

> Gavin
> The issue I have with this card is related to the phrase
> "works with Apple Airport and many other wireless base stations that
> conform to 802.11b standards"
>
> In practice this card is very/ too sensitive and very/too restrictve
> within a 802.11b setup. Getting it to work is a hit and miss affair.
> It
> is my understanding that it does not work for example in an Apple
> Airport
> (extreme) 802.11b environment. It cannot support WEP (64bit nor
> 128bit),
> this may or may not be important for your setup.

I have an example of this card that belongs to Clayton Mitchell, and I
cannot get it to work AT ALL with a known good MP2000U with any of
three different routing setups...

I would love to here from someone that has worked with this card?

I don't feel Like we have any definite info on this personally....

If Frank is still interested in having a look at it, and Clayton is ok
with it, I would be happy to ship it to Germany...

Marty