[NTLK] Newton GPS prob: "GPS: 0" -----

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Tue May 03 2005 - 23:28:03 PDT

Still not a happy camper...

I'd tried with various things I believe to be valid candidates for init
strings, no success. Some were NMEA and some SIRF II commands for the
receiver.

Gerd Staudenmaier told me, the likely cause is too many sentences in
too short intervalls. He recommends setting the receiver (which I've
tried via Init strings, as GPS Map kindly offers that option, and would
prefer to succeed in that way, too...).
The AQ-300-U-PS2's manual assumes you connect to a Mac or PC via USB
and somehow then are able to change the settings of the receiver, but
what do I need to connect the receiver (PS/2 female) to USB? Simply a
cable PS/2-to-USB, or something like the USB-to-Serial adapters with
drivers, etc.?

This thing is frustrating me quite a lot. Rats.

D.