Re: [NTLK] Making a AA battery case?

From: Woody Smith (woodysmith_at_comcast.net)
Date: Wed May 04 2005 - 19:50:54 PDT

If you are up to a bit of soldering you can re-cell the battery
pack. The cells in it are AA NiMH cells.
See Franks site for some instructions for this re-build.
<http://www.pda-soft.de/hardware.html>
I'm a good bit sloppier than Frank so I split the case at the seam,
making sure that the end opposite the contacts stayed attached to the
side with the thermister contacts. New cells are larger and result
in a very snug fit, I had to carefully sand material from case to get
it to fit. On my second attempt I glued the cells in but left the
case open, not pretty but works.

Woody