Re: [NTLK] Bernie's book reader

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Thu May 05 2005 - 15:40:20 PDT

Tony Kan wrote:
> Dan
>
> Thanks for getting back to me.
>
> Tried your idea but it didn't make much of a noticeable change.
>
> Interestingly, I was surprised when a MoreInfo alarm went off, the Newton
> started reciting the details of the task/appt. My wife thought it was super
> cool!!!!

Hmm that is odd, I wonder why the sound it so low for you. And you did
try reseting the Newt right? Is there any other sound packages or
addons for sound that might be conflicting?

As for MoreInfo, that also surprised me. There is a setting in
MoreInfo, which the default appears to be "ON". But of course you dont
hear it unless you have Macintalk installed. I found that out when I
had a card installed with Macintalk (which I usually didn't have in) and
a alert went off and started reciting it. It took me a few to figure
out why it hadn't done that before! LOL

-Dan