Re: [NTLK] MP2000 Upgrade

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Mon May 16 2005 - 16:38:30 PDT

> I've got a MP2000 which has served me well so far,
> but often requrires restarting due to low memory,
> especially if I try and do stuff on the network.=20
> Would an upgrade to 2100 improve this

Most likely, yes.

> and if it would, are they still available?
> I'm in the UK.

Not in the "upgrade" sense. Upgrading a 2000 means
unsoldering two fine-pitch memory ICs and soldering
another two back on. Unless you have the skill and
equipment to do this, this isn't something you want
to do.

Another way of upgrading is replacing the main logic
board with that of a 2100. Instructions for how to do
this are here:

http://www.pda-soft.de/2x00_disassemble.html

Since you're in the UK, I'd suggest getting in touch
with Russ Bravo, he will probably have such a board.

Frank