Re: [NTLK] SonyEricsson/Newton

From: Olaf Bohlen (firefox_at_sun-powered.de)
Date: Wed May 18 2005 - 05:23:11 PDT

Les <lvrooy_at_iafrica.com> writes:

Hi,

> Some NTLK.s were playing around with their P9x0 devices some time back.
> Care to share your experiences/impressions?
> I don't think it really (can) competes head on with the Newton. From what I
> gather so far from reviews, just a handy well constructed all-in-one
> PIM/phone.

I really like my p910i. It has a good e-mail client, good phone-tools,
conact-application is ok and it fits good in my pocket...

BUT: the display is too small, I miss a search-function (systemwide as
the newton has), I miss the assist function, the fax-capabilities, and
the good handwriting recognition. Also SymbianOS is someway
braindead...for example it took me long to figure out that the
Quickword-Application is able to look for mail attachments if you
switch from folder "all" to "e-mail folder"

I considered to buy myself a p910i for private use (i have one for
work), but i recognized that it is too expensive for me - especially
if i consider that there are only a very few things i miss on the
newton...

Yours

--
efficient code hiding, lesson one:
$ grep "THIS" /usr/bin/true;egrep -cv "(^$|^#)" /usr/bin/true