Re: [NTLK] Packages for newton

From: Goodwin, Greg P. (GoodwinG_at_aafes.com)
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 11:04:31 PDT

        Pictures... easiest way I have found is getting to those
pictures on some website via like Newt's Cape and then having Newt's
Cape save as a book, note, or in Newton Works.
        Also can probably send pictures and such via EE Transfer as a
file over X, Y, or Z modem and have Simple Mail read it.

        MP3's, only way I have been able to successfully get it
transferred, and mind you it takes about 10-15 minutes for a 4 meg MP3
OVER APPLETALK Ethernet none-the-less, was over the iTunes patch of
iTune 2 under system 9.

        To be frank, how the Newton works with files, and how the
storage space works (painfully slow when dealing with MP3's) is the
reason I am going back to using Newtons for what they were made for...
being a scribble pad.

        The sending and receiving of files on a Newton might be good on
another planet, but here on Earth...

Doc Clu