Re: [NTLK] Packages for newton

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 11:48:27 PDT

On May 23, 2005, at 11:04 AM, Goodwin, Greg P. wrote:

> The sending and receiving of files on a Newton might be good on
> another planet, but here on Earth...

Are you sure your on the same planet? :~)

I use Eckhart Koppen's excellent extensions to Newton including Blunt
and IC/VC which allows me to send pictures and other data (I don't do
MP3's on newton) from OSX's included bluetooth file exchange directly
to Newtons inbox. This isn't super fast, but it works very well and
reliably too...

You can also use NCU.

For data that is a known type you don't need to "package" it at all.

Good Luck,
Marty

PS The Newton never was, and never will be just a "scribble pad".