Re: [NTLK] OT: Apple AC Adapter Class Action

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Tue May 24 2005 - 09:44:36 PDT

On May 24, 2005, at 9:31 AM, Sonny Hung wrote:

> One question that's not been answered yet.
> Does anyone know if this applies to a person like me who has purchased
> their PowerBook used with the original Brick adapter.
>
> Would this cover me if I had to replace the adapter now?

It's a different issue.

Issue #1 is the rectangular brick you have (which I recommend
keeping!). If you contact apple, and your adapter is part of a recall,
they will replace it for you for free.

Issue #2 some adapters that were replaced as above, were replaced with
"bad" yoyos. This is what the law suit is about. Since you still have
the original, it's not your issue.

Marty