Re: [NTLK] current freeware becoming open source?

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Fri May 27 2005 - 19:44:07 PDT

On May 27, 2005, at 6:17 PM, Thomas Isenbarger wrote:
<snip>
> Is this realistic, thinking these pkgs can be tweaked this way in the
> event of their release into open source territory, or would making
> these changes by more difficult that I realise?

I think asking Simon Bell the author of simplemail and Mail V very,
very nicely is your best bet.

Working on open source software means not only having access to the
source code, but setting a development system that can build the
project you are interested in, as well as figuring out how the
existing code works.

Not impossible, but not trivial either.

Simon, who developed the programs, probably could make these changes
much more readily, IF he agreed they were worth the effort, and IF
they are possible ( I don't know about the skipping over the error
idea, I think that might be a server issue?)

my 2c
Marty