Re: [NTLK] Hard Drive w/ Newton?

From: James Wages (james_at_kiramek.com)
Date: Fri May 27 2005 - 20:58:18 PDT

On 5/28/05 9:43 AM, Ron Sladky <rsladky_at_buckeye-express.com> wrote:
> MCE DataShuttle

Why not go with something smaller, like a MicroDrive? With Paul's ATA
Support and a PCMCIA adapter, you can slide a hard drive INTO your Newton!
I have done this, and it works great (but only with Paul's software).
However, the speed is slower than Linear flash cards. Paul told me a number
of months ago that he was working on the speed issue, so maybe ATA cards can
indeed become as fast to access as Linear flash in the future. But only
Paul can say for sure.

Best,

James Wages