Re: [NTLK] eMate cable

From: Keyth Owen (keyth.owen_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 23 2006 - 15:00:09 PST

OK. I'm going to attempt the hinge repair myself. Following the
instructions online shouldn't be a problem, and the soldering is minor
enough that I'm not worried. Mostly, I have two concerns:

1. I couldn't find zinc-plated 10mm washers. I had to settle for zinc
washers. Will these be OK?

2. I'm worried about making the hinge too loose/tight. Without having
access to a vice any time soon, my ability to follow the suggestions on
tightening/loosening the hinge will be slightly crippled. Any ideas?

Also, any tips you guys can impart would be welcome!

Thanks!

-Keyth