Re: [NTLK] Terrible issue! Newt goes nuts! Help!

From: oliver.brose_at_t-online.de
Date: Mon Jan 16 2006 - 09:57:15 PST

>From: "L.W. Brown" <lwb_at_mac.com>
>Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 17:48:47 -0500
>
>If the problem is with a soup,
>is this what they mean by "soup to nuts"?
>And perhaps it got indigestion from eating the whole meal...
>...so sorry, i could not resist ;-]

I smell a poutine thread coming up. *g*

I almost got nut over this - I had the Newton loose all power - The
problem persisted!

*BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP*

With a lot of paitience & multiple attempts I managed to be quicker
than the reminder at startup, so I could finally log in again.

*BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP*

Thought it might stopped if I froze Dates.

*BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP*

Moved dates to Extras.

*BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP*

Was reminded that Dates is internal and cannot be frozen.

*BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP*

Tried to find the given appointment around the year I expected it to be.

*BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP*

No go, it's not there. The given date 9.19. was just not in the year
I associated with the event in question.

*BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP*

Resorted to use search.

*BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP*

Searched for a keyword from the appointment, could not use
soft-keyboard since reminder covered it.

*BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP*

Relied on Newton's HWR with blind faith, recognized my print
instantly of course.

*BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP*

Found the appointment.

*BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP*

Opened it, it was located in 2015 - ongoing, set to repeat every week.

*BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP*

Set not to repeat.

*BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP*

Delted appointment.

*BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP*

???

*BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP*

Being reminded about another apointment! Same procedure!

*BRRRP-BRRRP-BRRRP...*

Silence? Boy, what a sweet sound silence produces.

What a fight! Every now and then the Newt will now frighten me by
throwing up another reminder, but those seemingly are just reminders
I tried to fight by telling them to slumber. I'm mighty proud I got
along without wiping the Newton though.

I am so done with this sound...

Oliver

--
Returning to my own footprints in the snow
I realize