[NTLK] Fighting Complacency within the Newton Community

From: <MKow1234_at_aol.com>
Date: Sun Jul 30 2006 - 22:37:24 EDT

Hmm... Let's see... I managed to get a few admitted lurkers to actually post
something! That's an accomplishment right there! :O)

It's funny how my posting, borne out of a desire to see more folks get off
their @$$e$ to contribute something -- anything -- suddenly is construed by
other members as a neo-Nazi threat to the bulletin board! Interesting... Oh yes,
by all means, let's just be a bunch of unorganized people who happen to use
the same computing device... No sense in actually setting any kind of short or
long-range objectives for the Community. That would just make it seem like we
had a sense of direction, and God forbid that we should have an agenda!

What I find the MOST interesting is that one would have to go pretty far back
in the archives to find some of these people posting about another topic!
Very interesting...

Well, I tried to get some of these folks off of their @$$e$. Guess that makes
me evil in the eyes of some Apple-wielding lunatic fringe types... It's not
like I haven't shown my good intentions toward the Community half a hundred
times in the past few years... I wonder what, if anything, some of these folks
have contributed? Oh, and to the one extreme dumb@$$, I can't help what tag
line my ISP puts in my e-mailed posting; it's not secret plot to push my ISP on
you...

Okay folks, the show's over... nothing more to see here... We now return to
our same old revolving door discussions of ancient Newton review articles, 'How
to sync with Apple OS whatever', Steve Jobs, Hiroshi drivers, and how to
avoid spending fifteen dollars for a sync cable. Yawn...

Matt K.
Detroit, Michigan, USA