Re: [NTLK] New member, have a few questions

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat May 06 2006 - 19:17:42 EDT

Welcome
You will probably want a 2100. There are a few other things needed
for a successful connection with your Mac or PC.
Start by reviewing The Newbie section of wikiwikinewt which is one of
the three links at bottom of every email
< http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/NewtonNewbieGuide>

1. Have a look at recent thread regarding NewtSync
<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=newtontalk&m=114490392811463&w=2>
I prefer ethernet, but you will need to get drivers installed which
will likely require serial.

2. If you have a wireless network its nice. Mostly useless at
public internet sites that require https registration but some don't.

3. add a serial port to the Mac and use NewTen to install packages.

woody