Re: [NTLK] WTB Wi-Fi card & Serial Dongle for MP2100 UK

From: andy bloom <andybloom_at_mac.com>
Date: Tue May 30 2006 - 13:37:41 EDT

Michael
I have had perfect performance from the type listed in the eBay link
below:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KEYSPAN-TWIN-USB-SERIAL-ADAPTER-Model-
USA-28X_W0QQitemZ8817343450QQcategoryZ4601QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

However, £32 notes is a lot for that particular piece of kit. I
persevered over a few weeks and they do appear on eSlay for a
fraction of that cost... just be little patient. I got mine from a
Swedish seller for about £8 including postage. Keyspan has the
drivers for OSX and OS9.

The interconnect serial dongles are a little rarer but the US serves
as a good source. Knowledge Navigator always has them on offer but
it's way too pricey for me. Again, I stuck with it and eBay turned
out OK... I got one from a seller in Chelmsford for a fiver.

As for the WiFi... getting a card isn't a problem it's the Hiroshi
driver to accompany it. He seems to be offline for sales at the mo'
and it doesn't allow roaming in demo mode. However, there are good
people on this forum which help to solve all problems pronto. I have
yet to find a unsolvable problem that someone here is unable to
assist with.

Needless to say, you have a top pop machine that remains
unsurpassable in quite a few of its functions. I am still surprised
by its versatility even now.

andybloom