[NTLK] Newton & knowledge management

From: Thomas Dean <tedean_at_mac.com>
Date: Fri Oct 27 2006 - 19:06:29 EDT

Guys,
My question will follow but first some data for understanding.

At work;
I used a Newton for several years
I took extensive notes and outlines and used it for reference via
it's search ability
I switch to WinCE devices in hopes of a substitute and gave up
I now use a tablet pc to capture notes via propriety MS software (not
txt format and cannot export to txt)
At home;
I bought an iMac and discovered Spotlight, threw out my PC
I pulled out my Newton and joined this list.
I have a renewed hope of using a handwriting method to capture notes.
I have 10 years of notes that started with my MP

I am very curious how people capture and retain information in a
searchable format.
The only format that seems to transcend through time are .txt files.
Newton notes easily convert to txt files.

Questions;

Does this Newton and its followers continue to live on because you
use it to capture notes for future knowledge?
Assuming most of this group are mac users, how do you keep notes for
future reference?

Thanks,
Thomas Dean