Re: [NTLK] Disassembly tips

From: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Sep 05 2006 - 14:52:54 EDT

~~~ On 2006/09/05 18:02, Ulises Gerardo at uice@yahoo.com wrote ~~~

> Hi guys,
> I needed to work on my Newton once and was putting it off only because of the
> fact that I had to crack open the case. After that it was easy but the simple
> act of prying open the plastic is kinda rough.
>
> I thought I would change the battery on my iPod instead because it comes with
> these plastic spoon like tools that don't scratch the iPod. I thought about
> using these tools for the Newton dissasembly. Guess what, they're perfect! No
> scratching, no breaking, they work perfect to carefully unlatch the two sides
> of the case. I recommend these to anyone thinking of doing this work, it makes
> it so easy.
>
> I bought the iPod battery at a electronics store for about $29.99 U.S. It came
> with two types of tools. Both worked great and $29 bucks is a small price to
> pay for keeping the Newton safe from damage. I think their might be cheaper
> batteries out there but just make sure they come with the plastic tools.
>
> Try it out, worked great for me.

Can I get the tools by themselves? I'm not an iPod person, but I'd love
the tools not just for this job but for the tinkering I tend to do with
computers.

Shalom.
Christian

łAny sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a NewtonPad.˛
            -- in appreciation of Arthur C. Clarke

http://homepage.mac.com/chodlang1/iMovieTheater16.html
(With thanks to Chod Lang)

Fight Spam! Join EuroCAUCE: http://www.euro.cauce.org/