Re: [NTLK] Leaving the Fold

From: Tim <eft37_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Tue Aug 28 2007 - 13:41:50 EDT

Deb-
Don't get a Palm if you're a Mac user (maybe not at all in general).
I sold my 2100 and got a Lifedrive.
The Lifedrive was cool, but with the last 3 OSX updates Drive Mode became unsupported. And really, aside from those Treo phones, does anyone truely expect a new Palm PDA???
Anyhow, after some soul-searching I was about to dive back in to the Newton fold, but ended up with a Nokia 770 (@$130 @ Buy.com). There's an Einstein port for it (I haven't yet tried, as the 770 actually gets my HWR with under an hour's training-took 2 weeks with my 2100). Granted, there's no built-in PIM functions, but for my wants, the device is great.
Also, the Internet Tablet community is as active and friendly as this here Newton community. There's also a beefier N800 tablet, and something new on the horizon, but the $130 price point really help draw me in. Here's what I need in a device: bluetooth, 802.11 wireless, e-mail & web, ability to watch videos & play mp3. The 770 does all this & more.
This is only my opinion, so YMMV.
Best,
Tim