Re: [NTLK] Back in the Newton Fold

From: Steven Frank <stevenf_at_panic.com>
Date: Wed Aug 29 2007 - 23:17:41 EDT

On Aug 28, 2007, at 4:33 PM, Albert wrote:
> What is it about the Newton that pulls me back even though I have a
> very capable organizer in my Smartphone? It's personality. The
> Newton as a device has a personality. In the way that my thoughts
> on the Newton are stored like a diary. Not so with a Pocket PC, no
> sirree.. On a Windows machine, everything is a file with a file
> name and location. With my Newton it's just like my personal
> journal. It's also all the little things like erasing words by
> crossing them out, much like you would do in real life. And
> deleting files has a nice animation of the paper crumpling up and
> thrown in the trash!

Damn it, damn it, every time I think I'm officially done with the
Newton (except for recreational noodling), along comes a message like
this one, and I'm just nodding my head in agreement, and reaching
into the drawer to pull the lovable ol' brick back out.

Hey, what's new with NCX these days? :)

Steven
http://panic.com/
http://stevenf.com/