Re: [NTLK] Chat Buddy, Newton IM and NewtJabber

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Sat Feb 17 2007 - 09:57:48 EST

I agree, though it would require changing the original code rather than
something adjustable for the user. Which is why the IM networks do it
that way. Though thankfully it seems that they have given up for now
and just let the 3rd party clients access it (trillian for example). I
do know that people were getting tired of all the upgrades and issues
back a couple of years ago with the "IM wars".

At least this is possible with NewtIM if the jabber protocol was changed
someone could take the source (it is open) and implement the needed changes.

As for where to get it, oops I guess I never posted where. Sorry about
that.
http://www.allaboutjake.com/newton/newtonim/

You can also get it on UNNA:
http://www.unna.org/view.php?/internet/NewtonIM