Re: [NTLK] I need a PDA, is a Newton a sane choice today?

From: Morgan Nichol <morgan.nichol_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Mar 09 2007 - 01:40:15 EST

> So, assuming I can get my hands on a 2000/2100, and a supported Wifi/BT or
> Lan card, can I realistically expect a Newton to fill my needs?

Maybe? Only way to find out is to try one. I have one of course, and it's
kind of fun I guess. But I really think the Newton's day is done.

Or should I forget it and just go buy a Palm?

Sure, though unlike the haters earlier in the thread I favor Windows Mobile
devices. iPaqs are great. Great ebook reader (Microsoft Reader, I love it)
great wireless integration, heaps of good apps. Of course a smartphone will
do all that and your phone calls too.

(Though I found that a plain ipaq (well, plain is relative this one has wifi
and bluetooth, a sharp bright full colour screen, and so on) was just that
little bit lighter than a smartphone that it was comfortable to read ebooks
on for much longer. But the smartphone has a slide out keyboard which is
sweet. It's a trade-off.)

Cheers,
Morgan

--