Re: [NTLK] Took the Plunge!

From: RAParker <QuadzillaNET_at_SBCGlobal.NET>
Date: Tue May 01 2007 - 14:44:13 EDT

On Apr 30, 2007, at 1:59 PM, Seb Payne wrote:

> Where can I get this upgrade? I can't find it listed anywhere or any
> for sale.

You can save a search for yourself in eBay. Search for member
"electronicscafe" or "emate memory" and you will be emailed when one
comes up for sale. Currently, nothing is available but they shows up a
couple times a month. About $40 - $50 + shipping.

> I've seen you can buy a cable from NewtonSales.com for $35. If someone
> was to repair it, how much would they be asking to do the whole job? I
> don't think I'm up to the job of adjusting the spring itself :(

The display cable would only be necessary if it is already punctured.
$35 (+ shipping?) hmmm ... supply and demand. To do hinges only, it's a
bit of a job and $30 - $50 + shipping is not outrageous. You can do it
fairly easily yourself. It is time consuming and you need a good
workspace.

Ron

--
QuadzillaNET