Re: [NTLK] Carrying a 2100: holster

From: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Feb 15 2008 - 12:50:44 EST

~~~ On 2008/02/15 15:16, Sonny Hung at sonnyhung@gmail.com wrote ~~~

>> I�ve checked out a lot of sites and a fair few shops, looking for a
>> shoulder-holster that would let me carry my Newt under my arm under a
>> jacket
>> � I don�t carry a gun so I may as well have my Newton there. :)
>

> My wife being part of the Federal Law Enforcement branch in NYC suggested
> that I don't consider getting one being that it can cause an unwanted issue
> to occur - people could get the wrong idea or impression and report you to
> law enforcement and you could get delayed unwittingly...
>
> With
> the way things are now a days it's just better to avoid things such as this.
> Already hear of people getting pulled over in their cards for no good reason.
> I'd personally rather not waste time answering questions over a holster
> setup...
> Which could be mistaken for a conceal weapon unfortunately... by others...

Useful thought, Sonny, I hadn't considered that. Thanks. I currently live
overseas though I get back home quite a lot, and I tend to forget how
paranoid our folks can be when I've been away for awhile. Over here people
are a lot more inclined to find out what a thing is before they decide it's
a gun. (Of course they might shoot you for just being a Brazilian
electrician on your way to work, but that's another story.)

I don't really mind answering questions ("no, officer, it's just an object I
use for writing; the pen is mightier than the sword") as long as I'm not
laying on a stretcher with a bullet wound and the question isn't "do you
have health insurance or a credit card?" And I despise the mind-set that
says, "there are people who will do anything to take away the liberties we
enjoy, so let's make sure they can't do anything -- by surrendering our
liberties all by ourselves". That destination is slavery, that road is
cowardice. I'd be better off dead.

OTOH, the price is a little high, although if the dollar exchange rate gets
any worse $100 will be pocket change over here. (Maybe our next president
will know how to take care of the economy.) But if these holsters are rare,
I'm stuck. If I could get a good look at one I suppose I might be able to
figure out how to make one though I doubt it.

Ah me ...the search goes on. Short of having the thing attached to my hand
the shoulder holster really is the most practical way to have it with me all
the time.

Shalom.
Christian

“Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a Newton.”
            -- what Arthur C. Clarke meant

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4
(With thanks to Chod Lang)
http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl