Re: [NTLK] Introduction:New Newton Owner- OS 9 vs OSX ?

From: Scott Hoffman <hoffo_at_mac.com>
Date: Fri Nov 28 2008 - 01:38:01 EST

Greetings!
     Welcome, and congratulations on your purchase(s).
     For a USB adapter, pretty much the one of choice is the Keyspan USA-28 of one variety or another. I think that's the one most people here use. (who need them, that is) My particular model is USA-28XG.
      I've had no trouble at all using this adapter with OS 10.4.11 on either of my OSX Macs. NCX works well, as does NewTen. I haven't tinkered with Escale.
      For most general use OSX is probably your best bet, although if you want to create books and program, OS9 is the way to go.
       Best of luck,
       Scott