Re: [NTLK] Newton 2100 first sync: possible via ethernet?

From: Carlos Pessoa Filho <carlos.pf_at_mac.com>
Date: Thu Sep 04 2008 - 05:07:58 EDT

Hi Ken,

I am connecting my MPu2000 to my Macbook Pro running Leopard (10.5.4).
If I go to "Network" under "System Preferences" I see that my Ethernet
connection is configured like the following:
Configure: Manually
IP Address: 10.0.0.1
Subnet Mask: 255.0.0.0
Router: (blank)
DNS Server: (Blank)
Search Domains: Blank)

AppleTalk: Active

File sharing: on
Web sharing: on
Internet sharing: on
Firewall: Allow al incoming connections

Although my MP2000u is connect to my MacBook Pro via ethernet, the
Network preferences on the Mac says "Cable unplugged" .

On the MP2000u:

Under the Internet Setup:
Configuration: Manual
Card: 3Com 3C589D PC Card
Subnetmask: 255.0.0.0
Local IP address: 10.0.0.7
Gateway/ Router Address: 10.0.0.1
Primary DNS/ Name Server Address: 0.0.0.0
Domain Name: None

Under Preferences, I selected the AppleTalk and:
Connect using: Ethertalk
Card: 3Com 3C589D PC Card

Extensions that I have installed:
3C589
Ethernetdock
Dock TCP/IP
NIE Ethernet
among many others. As I mentioned in the first email, I was able to
connect my MP to my Mac only 2 times...

On the Dock I select "Connect via:TCP/IP" and, under dock preferences
is: Address: 10.0.0.1 and Port 3679.

It's imporant to mention that the 3Com dongle blinks when I am trying
to connect to the Mac and then a progress bar saying "waiting for a
response" shows up for a while... After that a window shows up saying:
"Dock TCP/IP cannot reach the server."

Is there any thing wrong with my configuration?

Sorry for the long email, but I really appreciate your help!

Best,
Carlos