Re: [NTLK] When was the last time you saw another Newton

From: John Ruschmeyer <jruschme_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Jul 09 2009 - 21:47:27 EDT

On Thu, 2009-07-09 at 15:01 -0700, Jim Lee wrote:
> On Jul 9, 2009, at 2:52 PM, Andy Hill wrote:
>
> > Here's a question
> >
> > Has anyone in the last 5 years actually seen another person carrying
> > or
> > using a Newton in public or at a meeting?
>
> I don't even see people using Palm Pilots or WinCE devices anymore -
> *everyone* seems to use a cell phone or a Blackberry. I'm the only
> one I know (locally) who has a Newton, or a Pilot, or a PocketPC...

I have one customer who is a die-hard user of a Palm m515 (even gave me
his old serial cradle) and another with a classic Treo 650(?). I also
have a former boss who was using a T|X last I talked to him.

I haven't seen a PocketPC (other than my own) in some time, though I do
have a co-worker with a Windows Mobile smartphone, so it is a WinCE
device of sorts.

John