[NTLK] ipad

Matej Horvat redjazz_slo at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 28 08:42:09 EST 2010

> In the same respect so is the Newton. It is no more standalone than the iPad. Also how do you get stuff on your computer? You obviously
> download them, or add them by connecting your camera to it.

Yeah, but it is a PDA. The iPad, although it has some Newton-like features, is not a PDA. At least Newtons can download/upload data without syncing to one specific computer (Sloup anyone?) and can print and fax.

I wouldn't be surprised if the iPad actually turns out to be a hoax as a response to those Apple tablet rumors that have existed for 12 years. Sure, Apple has been researching tablets since the 90s, but when they make a real tablet, for serious work, it's not going to be like the iPad.

-Matej Horvat