Re: [NTLK] Apple's TIL retired

From: Victoria and Monte (vandm1_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 18:14:05 EDT

Bill,

What's not clear from your comments is lots of Macs are passed on to
another owner, which increased the Mac user base.
Over the last ten years, I've passed on a 575 Performa to a brother,
a 6100 to a friend, a 7200 to a friend; also purchased a used Centris
650 for mom, and a used iMac B for mom-in-law. All of these are still
in use!

I had a 512 Mac that was donated in 1995 (still in working order).

You're right that Apple lost hardware sales - but Apple and others
have benefited from software sales - and when Apple was still making
peripherals the company did receive additional hardware sales.

I didn't buy a Newton (2000) until 1997. The likelyhood is that it
will carry on until I can get a Dick Tracy watch using voice
communication.

Monte