Re: [NTLK] Downloading packages

From: Christopher Plummer (plumcakes_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Aug 12 2001 - 22:31:24 EDT

Well I thought I had reached my limit, but I have broken it and reached
a new degree of frustration that I never knew existed. Packtype is
probably a great utility. Somehow it doesn't work:

Packtype appears to work under OS X classic; dragging and dropping into
it looks like it does the job but it doesn't. It refuses to work in 9.1
and 7.5.5. When files are dragged to it they just sit on top. Why
would it look like it works in OS X classic but not work at all in 9.1
especially since its not an OS X app? Did I miss something? Do I have
to put Packtype in a special folder? How do you guys get .pkg files
from the internet and get them to run on a Newton? I'm going to get
some rest and try again in the morning.

I do appreciate the help I've gotten here. It's fast and friendly.
Thanks all.