Re: [NTLK] eMate to iMac?

From: b|indwo|f (blindwolf_at_cfl.rr.com)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 00:00:50 EDT

Thanks for the very thorough answer...

> If you're willing to spend a little extra cash, there's an easy solution. I
> purchased a Belkin USB to Serial Adapter...
> It cost me about $50.00, and it works like a charm.

The ones I have found were more like $80... anyone know a cheaper solution?
I found one on eBay (Buy it Now) for $55, unless someone knows an under $50
solution?

> Basically, all you need besides the adapter module is an 8-pin male serial to
> 8-pin male serial cable. (This is sold separately; just ask for a "mac serial
> cable"; it also should come with the eMate, unless you got it second hand)

Guess I need this too...

> -When you download NCU, download the three disk images if you can instead of
> the main installer. For some reason, some people (including me) have found
> the
> main .hqx installer to be corrupt. Just drag each disk image onto your Disk
> Copy utility on your mac (do a search in Sherlock... you will find it :-) and
> it will make three "floppies" on your desktop that your Mac thinks are real
> floppy disks. Open the installer from the first disk, and it should figure
> itself out from there.

nifty... worth repeating...

b|indwo|f
"...why must the plants and the birds and the insects suffer as well? So
many will die... who will atone for the pain and sadness of the Ohmu?"
-from the cache