[NTLK] HandEra Review

From: jerrytommygal (jerrytommygal_at_yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Sat Aug 25 2001 - 07:08:59 EDT

Been reading the HandEra review at Pen Computing:
http://www.pencomputing.com/palm/Pen40/handera330.html

and I'm amazed at all the WOW features they mention - they've
been available on the Newt for years! It is really sad to see how far
behind these PDAs are when compared to the later Newts and
Apple should have some obligation to 'bump up' the technological
advances in the PDA industry - by at least showing people what could
be done and allowing other PDA developers to learn from it.

The HandEra looks pretty good compared to the current crop of PDAs
but one cannot help wondering how many Newts their developmers took apart...
kudos to them!

If anybody was really serious about developing a practical and useful PDA,
I'd recommend getting the best features of the later Newts and combining them
with some of the best features of the later PDAs. It is pretty clear that the
there's a HUGE demand for a killer PDA - not necessarily based on the Palm.
What do you think?