[NTLK] Ebay Auctions

From: Ferdi Ozguner (fozguner_at_ualberta.ca)
Date: Thu Aug 30 2001 - 22:35:24 EDT

I am finally responding to the numerous accusations, insults, and being just plain mean.

For those of you who have decided not to jump on the bandwagon and insult me because on this mailing list I seem like just a name, I salute you. To you others well.....lets just say I cant believe your auctions.

Regarding the backlight upgrade that I have offered to you people of Newton and on an ebay auction:

The purpose of me providing this upgrade was as a service to you. I convinced my company that doing this work for the Newton community would be viable and that there are many, like myself, that are loyal to the Newton and want to ensure that older units are used for years to come.

Regarding the backlight that I'm offering on ebay currently, yes it is a working white backlit unit. I've upgraded it myself and tested it to make sure. What I don't understand is what exactly some of you have against me for selling this on ebay. This is a FREE MARKET economy.

Regarding "John M. Powell"'s comments "what's the plan if I get any takers" Let me make it simple for you: The plan is to do nothing because its none of your business.

So I will ask this once and I hope not to have to ask it again, please leave me alone and stop insulting me on Newton or otherwise.

If you have any concerns with my actions contact me directly at: fozguner_at_ualberta.ca and I will answer any questions or comments you have.

I would also like to commend Mr. Humphrey's, as I've done multiple times in the past for his ingenuity and dedication to the Newton platform.