Re: [NTLK] newbie questions

From: Chet Johns (tcjohns_at_home.com)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 12:34:15 EDT

But the question remains, how do you use the ethernet card (especially one
like the 3com I have) without first loading the drivers and how do you load
the drivers without first performing some kind of synch? I guess if you are
lucky and not living in a technologically depressed area like I do you might
have a friend who could load the software to your newton or a linear flash
memory card (which I'm still shopping for by the way). I also could have dug
my 5500 Power Mac out of the garage and used the serial ports for the first
download. Is there some secret method to moving packages or using an
ethernet card without drivers that I missed out on? I've read the FAQ but
they don't always address my FAQ.

By the way, I'm still trying to sync a Jornada to my Pismo using Virtual PC.
If anyone has any thoughts on that one, I would be interested. I don't think
that one is listed in the FAQ.

You think there will be a Cube forum someday?

Chet Johns