[NTLK] Quoted-Printable Errors and other ramblings from the admin

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 05:57:45 PDT

Hey everyone, your happy list admin here with a few announcements.

It's been a week, and it's lovely to see the list running so smoothly, and
also that I've stopped getting abusive unsubscribe messages :) I knew
that when we imported the PN list there was bound to be some addresses
that didn't work anymore, and some people who would fly into a blind rage.
I think around 100% of these have been sorted out now. So the actual
number of subscribers is just over 1100.

Next, some of you might have noticed messages from the list that are cut
short with the message "[Error: Formatting error: Non-hexadecimal
character in QP encoding]". This is a problem with how Listar handles
quoted-printable characters, and there is a fix for it which I will be
investigating shortly.

Also, I'm working on generating some list stats so everyone can see how
much bandwidth we're burning (and who's burning it).

I should also get a search engine running for the archives too, yeah...

"You can now flame me, I am full of love" -Miguel de Icaza