Re: [NTLK] No longer supported software...

From: John M. Powell (quixjuan_at_QuixNet.net)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 10:51:22 PDT

> I've sort of come to the conclusion that if we, as a community, have done
> our level best to locate the authors/copyrightholders of abandonware, and
> are unable to, then our moral duty has been discharged. As a practical
> matter, at that point the likelihood of anyone coming after one of us for
> "piracy" is pretty darn small. Further, the monetary amount to
> be gained is
> so small as to further discourage action. My bottom line is that, once
> we've tried hard to do the right (morally) thing, then I've got no problem
> with posting packages or even cracking their registration. After all, if
> the author can't be contacted to complete the sale, then there's no
> financial damage anyway.
>
> Obviously, additional views on this topic are encouraged.
>
> - Eric.

That being the case, I have tried repeatedly to reach Hexdump with
no success. They were the creators of Bricks2 (a 'breakout' style of
game with really incredible animation and sound) and HexPaint. I
purchased both of them. Neither of them required a reg code. Question
now is, do we post them on someplace like unna (with disclaimers of
course) or do people contact me privately? If they were around, I'd
say BUY BUY BUY! but they aren't so...

I just tried to contact Concept Kitchen about Sticky Newts - the reply?

We no longer have that product, sorry.
Customer Service
On 21 Jun 2001, at 9:44, John M. Powell wrote:
> StickyNewts still available for the MP2x00? Cost?
>
> John

StandAlone hasn't even gotten back to be about another program of
theirs I was looking at purchasing. I'm STILL looking for the recipie
software Teletype had at one point. Arg!!

John
jp_at_iwillbefree.com