Re: [NTLK] LOTR (Lord of the Rings) The Hobbit

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 13:41:40 EST

Well, I've been checking on this and "The Hobbit" is
not part of the Lord Of The Rings trilogy. Which
according to the site:
http://www.tolkien-ent.com/new/index.html
is:
"The Lord of the Rings, a trilogy which includes The
Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, and The Return
of the King."

The Hobbit is a complet and seperate book.

If someone has this in TEXT format, I'm make that into
a Newton book as well (as long as no one is too
adamant about the legalities of copyright
infringement)

BTW, I have a letter sent to:
Laurie Battle, Director of Licensing
2600 Tenth Street
Berkeley, California 94710

Asking for the legal status of creating the LOTR in a
format for obsolete electronic devices to read (namely
the Newton) which has a limited and highly restricted
following.

Ed
web/gadget guru