Re: [NTLK] Platform crap...

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 22:51:55 EST

on 04/11/01 01:31, Ed Kummel at tech_ed_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> I hear proponents from all platforms declare that
> theirs is the only true platform. All others who do
> not use their platform are either stupid or brain
> damaged. All users of all platforms all say "why would
> anyone want to use any other platform?" Statements
> like "my platform is greater than your platform" and
> "my platform was around much longer than yours" or
> "your platform is nothing else than a cheap copy of my
> platform" are all too common.

Yep, and there are those ready to sell their souls to make money, ready to
sacrifice anything, even their integrity, and use and even come to
appreciate so many inferior products, the worst of all being the Windows
line of bloatware, without thinking about anything, but "getting the job
done".

Hey, people, if that was the way to do, we would all be driving the same
model of car, probably a Yugo or a Lada (and old Fiat model sold by
Russians), we would all live in small apartments, drinking Pbast Ribbon or
some bad "piquette", since all of those are "getting the job done".

Stop thinking like lemmings! Try to find some meaning to your life, for
god's sake!

-Laurent.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe, trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." -Rich Cook