Re: [NTLK] Platform crap...

From: R Pickett (emerson_at_hayseed.net)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 23:17:04 EST

On Mon, 2001-11-05 at 19:51, Laurent Daudelin wrote:
> Yep, and there are those ready to sell their souls to make money, ready to
> sacrifice anything, even their integrity, and use and even come to
> appreciate so many inferior products, the worst of all being the Windows
> line of bloatware, without thinking about anything, but "getting the job
> done".
>
> Hey, people, if that was the way to do, we would all be driving the same
> model of car, probably a Yugo or a Lada (and old Fiat model sold by
> Russians), we would all live in small apartments, drinking Pbast Ribbon or
> some bad "piquette", since all of those are "getting the job done".
>
> Stop thinking like lemmings! Try to find some meaning to your life, for
> god's sake!

Whoa. Sorry if I've lost track of the conversation, but when I
-started- the thread, we were talking about not having an OS platform
war.

I -really- think there's a lot more things to yell at people about their
meaning-of-life issues than their operating system choice. Let's all
step away from the computers for a few minutes and go breathe some fresh
air and hug our loved ones and hoist a pint with our friends, what say?

--
R Pickett           The people that once bestowed commands, consulships,
Hayseed Networks    legions, and all else, now meddles no more and longs