Re: [NTLK] Story

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 00:22:25 EST

That's funny that you should send this email. My old
boss sent me an email asking what to do about the old
web pages I originally wrote for his company when I
worked there. While going through the old site, I came
across this page:
http://www.intouchusa.com/newtonrip.html
I wrote this soon after the Newton was discontinued.
While we dealt with all types of PDAs (all the ones
listed in the page, as well as others) this was the
only device I felt needed an obituary.
Reading it now is kinda sad and brings back memories
of hope that unfortunately today is just
that...memories...While as absurd as it may sound,
recent events hinting as a return of a Newton-esque
device rekindled that hope, but ever still present was
that bitter pill of disappointment. Like the saying
goes:
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on
me. It's hard putting yourself up for the fool.

Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Frank Gruendel <Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> cleaning up my mailbox I found something I wrote at
> about the
> time the Newton was axed. As since then a lot of new
> members
> subscribed to this list, I thought they might enjoy
> reading it.
> My apologies to those who already know it.
>
> Frank
>
> Newton software and hardware stuff at
> www.pda-soft.de

<snip>

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...