Re: [NTLK] MAD port

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 20:28:54 EST

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, Josh Burker wrote:

> A Waba app like this might be particularly useful as NPDS works its way
> towards version 3; a simple way to package binaries for use on the
> Newton, either being served as graphics, or as downloads. Paul Guyot
> has an NPDS component to get binaries on the Newton, but you have to
> recompile in NTK for each different binary you want on the Newton.
> Something very simple and flexible for bundling binaries might prove
> useful on many fronts.

I was still going to write a desktop application to upload binaries for
the NPDS Binary Server, and also (maybe!) to download them back to the
desktop - sort of turning the Newt into a portable storage device (albeit
limited storage). Unfortunatly, school caught up with me in a big way
this week, and I don't have much time for anything at all until maybe
tomorrow night. *Maybe*. That's if I don't decide to study the
SimpleMail plugin SDK and make an RTF plugin... (these attachments are
driving me mad!)