[NTLK] Comments on off topic messages of late

From: Gary Zambrano (Gazam_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 22:52:28 EST

I think that the reason this excessive OFF TOPIC banter is going on is
because there really aren't any rules people can read before hitting the
join button.

If there were posting rules or rules of conduct, we would not have such
problems with OT stuff.

This is the problem. People who join just enter their email address and hit
"subscribe". With a rules agreement, people can keep those in mind when
posting and such.

One of the rules really should be IN THE SUBJECT, WRITE A SHORT BUT
DESCRIPTIVE LINE ABOUT WHAT YOUR POST IS.

And the other should really be NO OFF TOPIC SUBJECTS. Got to MacCentral.com
and join their discussions or CNET or something. This list really should be
about anything concerning NEWTONS ONLY. Period.

I hope Victor realizes this need for NewtonTalk.net - rules.