[NTLK] I am a moron. Let me share!!!

From: Loren Finkelstein (Loren_at_Finkelstein.Net)
Date: Fri Nov 16 2001 - 19:45:57 EST

Here is a pretty impressive blunder on my part.

I have two MP2100's. One is in mint condition and I keep it under my bed
for the day that my primary machine dies. I have a "Barrier" TM on it.

My primary MP doesn't have a barrier because the screen was already fairly
well scratched up when the Barrier first came out, and I found the plastic
dimmed the screen significantly. In fact, when using the Barrier I pretty
much needed to have the backlight on all the time. But I felt protecting
the backup newton was important enough to keep one on it.

So, now my primary baby is out at Apple being fixed up, and I am using the
backup. I have never used it that much, but the Barrier is a bit of a mess,
do I decided to clean it, or maybe replace it (I have a 4 pack).

Well, I guess it never occurred to me to read the instructions before,
because I just noticed for the first time (after being a 5 1/2 year Newton
owner) that step one in the Barrier instructions is to remove the blue
plastic that protects the Barrier.

Yes folks, that's right. I spent years using a barrier that still had that
extra blue layer on it.

WOW. I had to stop using the thing, just so I could send this message. I
can't wait to get back to my newly extra visible screen.

Just thought you might all share in the amusement.

Your friend & neighborhood idiot,
Loren